2022 Audition Information
Below you will find our 2022 Audition Camp Information. To audition for the 2022 Louisiana Stars, you must pay the audition fee of $150. You must also pay a $50 camp fee for each camp you intend on attending. Any general questions about auditions should be sent to Interim Corps Director Jeremi Edwards at email@example.com. Section specific questions should be sent to your section’s caption head. Their contact information can be found here.
Instructions for Audition Registration
- Fill out 2022 Audition Registration form below
- For the final question, select “Audition Fee” (NOTE: ALL auditionees must pay this one-time fee, vets included)
- Submit and pay $150 Audition Fee via PayPal (NOTE: be sure you receive a confirmation notice and receipt indicating that payment went through. If you do not receive this receipt or any indication that payment went through, refresh the page and try again. If it does not work a second time, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Click on the Audition Materials button below. The password for this page should be included in an email you receive after payment of the Audition Fee. If you do not receive this password within 24 hours, check your junk folder and any email that you provided. If you still have not received the email with the password, contact email@example.com.
- Fill out 2022 Audition Registration form again
- For the final question, select the camp you would like to attend and whether or not you want to pay online or at the camp
- If you select the option to pay the $50 camp fee online, you may do so via PayPal. The same NOTE in item #3 applies)
- If you select the option to pay the $50 camp fee in person, hit submit and you are done
SCROLL DOWN AND READ OUR INFECTIOUS DISEASE POLICY FOR AUDITION CAMPS.
All technical issues and questions regarding access to audition packet materials and registering for a camp should be sent to Taylor Dizor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brass • Percussion • Color Guard
Date: January 15-16, 2021
Location: Brusly High School | 630 N Vaughn Dr, Brusly, LA 70719
Closest Airport: Baton Rouge Metro Airport
Camp Fee: $50
Friday, January 14
8:30pm | Auditionees may arrive to stay the night before the audition camp. Dinner will be on your own.
10:30pm | Lights out
Saturday, January 15
7:00am | Light breakfast for those who stayed the night
8:00am | Check-in and registration opens
9:00am | Welcome and Introduction
9:30am | Block 1
12:30pm | Lunch
1:30pm | Block 2
5:30pm | Dinner
6:30pm | Block 3
10:00pm | Snack/Night Meal
11:30pm | Lights out
Sunday, January 16
8:00am | Breakfast
9:00am | Block 4
12:30pm | Lunch
1:30pm | Block 5
5:00pm | Closing Meeting
5:30pm | Cleanup and Depart
COVID & Infectious Disease Policy for Audition Camps
Vaccination and Testing
All individuals attending a Louisiana Stars Drum and Bugle Corps audition camp will be expected to provide ONE of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19. This means that you are fully vaccinated and two weeks have passed since your last dose of your CDC recommended vaccine.
- A Negative “rapid” test result within 72 hours of appearing at the camp.
- A Negative “PCR” test result within one week of appearing at the camp.
Anyone appearing at camp registration without one of the previous requirements will be asked to leave and return with a rapid test result.
Disclaimer to All Participants
Prior to any audition camp, if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the camp, tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the camp, or ran a high fever within 10 days of the camp, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to attend the audition camp in person. We ask that you submit a video audition and make plans to attend the next audition camp. Any questions regarding our COVID-19 protocols can be addressed to the Medical Director for Louisiana Stars, Kayla Brown, R.N.
When you wear a mask, you protect others as well as yourself. Masks work best when everyone wears one. Masks should completely cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of face without gaps. Louisiana Stars will require the use of a mask while inside buildings. We will continue to adjust this policy to comply with all mandates made by the state of Louisiana.
* We will update our infectious disease policy throughout the season to reflect CDC recommendations and best practices to keep our members, staff, and volunteers healthy and safe.
Stay 6 feet away from others as much as possible. Avoid close contact with people. If possible, maintain 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) between members. Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick. Louisiana Stars will enforce the 6-foot spacing during mealtimes and rehearsals.
Q: What should I do to be prepared?
A: Practice the audition material, begin NOW saving money for membership dues.
Then practice more!
Making your local, district, and state honor band is a plus.
Being in good physical condition is a must! Start NOW!
Begin strength and cardio training.
Q: What should I bring to an audition camp?
A: Our audition camps are full weekend camps. If you have never attended a drum corps camp before, that means you will be staying at the audition location overnight with the corps. Below is a list of things you will need to pack with you to be successful for the camp.
– Sleeping bag/blanket/air mattress/pillow
– Shower/toiletry items (we recommend shower shoes/flip flops as well)
– Change of clothes
– Warm clothes
– Audition packet and any additional materials provided in the packet
– Water jug
Q: Are meals provided during audition camps?
A: Yes! As a part of your Louisiana Stars audition camp experience, we provide all meals while you are with us. You will find the meals covered in the audition camp schedule when it is released.
Q: Are there fundraisers for me to earn part of my membership dues?
A: Yes, we will offer fundraiser opportunities and resources in the spring to help offset the cost of dues. We have had members in the past that have paid 100% of their fees off of fundraising and sponsorships.
Q: What is the age requirement?
A: 14-21 (a member can turn 22 after June 1)
Q: Can I attend auditions just for the experience?
A: YES – Although, we have members that have attended camps “for the experience” because they thought they were not “good enough” – and actually earned a position!
Q: Do you have members from “Out of State”?
A – YES – We have had members from:
Alabama – Arkansas – Florida – Louisiana – Mississippi – Nevada – North & South Carolina – Oklahoma – Oregon – Texas
Q: What do I do if I am flying in for an audition camp?
A – All travel to and from camp is the responsibility of the member. However, for those flying to a nearby airport for an audition camp, we may be able to assist by having another member or staff member pick you up and/or drop you off. If you plan on flying to one of our audition camps, contact Taylor Dizor at email@example.com. Notify him that you intend on flying in for the camp and include the airport you are flying into as well as your flight information. While we will do our absolute best to get you to the camp, Louisiana Stars does NOT guarantee that we will find you a ride to and from the airport so be prepared to be able to order an Uber/Lyft or some other mode of transportation in the event we are not able to assist.